A well balanced trip targeting high school students in order to engage them positively in a fun atmosphere to discover their true north.
It’s Fun, it’s Adventurous, it’s Educative!!!
Positively engaging teens during the holiday season....
• Nairobi to Arusha by Shuttle Bus via Namanga Border. Overnight at Corridor Springs Hotel – Orientation of the trip and Life Skills Programme.
• Visiting the East Africa Community Headquarters in Arusha to understand it’s importance and opportunities it provides and Arusha Town Tour.
• EcoBoma Camp - Our Eco Boma camp located just 3 Kms to the shores of Lake Manyara and positioned at the edge of Migungani (acacia tree) forest and the plains of Lake Manyara where wild animals roam freely at night and Masai cattle graze in the plains by day. Activities here include Cycling, Maasai Culture Interaction and Hiking to Lake Manyara.
• Ngorongoro Crater - also known as the “Garden of Eden”. It’s a breath-takingly area and the best place in Tanzania to see the Big Five. Ngorongoro is one of the world’s most astonishing and renowned natural wonders.
• Travel on Luxury bus to Dar es Salaam via Bagamayo which was a Centre for East African Slave Trade. Visit the Roman Catholic Mission Museum. See exhibits of slave trade and prehistory of Bagamoyo, Indian and Arab door frames, and shackles, chains and whips used during slave trade, and many local wood crafts.
• Luxury Boat Express to Zanzibar. Overnight at Stone Town, Tembo Hotel. Stone Tour: - Sultan Palace, Forodhani Gardens, Slave Market, Spice Tour and Beach Activities and Water Sports. etc.
• Flight Back Home
Day 1: This safari starts either in Arusha or Ecoboma Camp in Mto Wa Mbu. After breakfast we drive to Tarangire National Park. The sixth largest national park in Tanzania, Tarangire, like Ecoboma Camp, is located in Manyara Region. The Tarangire River attracts many wildlife during the dry season. Thousands of migratory Zebras and wildebeest concentrate this park also famous for high density of elephants and baobab trees. Over 550 bird species have also been recorded making it an ornithologists paradise. Other wildlife include waterbuck, giraffe, dikdik, impala, eland, Grant's gazelle, vervet monkey, banded mongoose, olive baboon, African lion, leopard, cheetah, caracal, honey badger, and African wild dog. Watch out for the white giraffe spotted here in 2015. Dinner and overnight at our Ecoboma’s camp just 2kms from the shores of Lake Manyara in Mto wa Mbu. Sleep in either cottages, huts or spacious triple rooms. The Ecoboma Campsite has modern toilet and shower block with hot and cold showers.
Day 2: Early morning (Dawn) cycling excursion to the shores of Lake Manyara. We will be riding among migratory wildlife in an migration corridor with close viewing of Zebras and other grazers. At the lake shores we have an awesome moment viewing the various species of birds the habitate in the alkaline lake. We return to camp for relaxing mid morning to lunchtime. Afternoon exploring the cultural melting pot that is Mto wa Mbu village. We leisurely walk through farmlands and villages paying attention to the various income generating projects e.g the carvers and other community projects supported by IntoAfrica Ecotravel. Dinner and drinks around a campfire. Overnight at Ecoboma camp.
Day 3: This morning with our picnic lunches, we set off for the Ngorongoro crater and descend to its floor for a memorable game viewing session. The caldera of Ngorongoro marks the ancient walls of a collapsed volcano with a circular crater that is 20kms in diameter and with steep walls of over 2,000 feet stretching out to over 7,500 feet above sea level - home to over 25,000 herbivores and a proportionately high density of predatory cats. Because of permanent water supply and a precise balance of predator and prey, most of the wildlife remains here year-round, you can expect to see lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, hippos, flamingos, jackals, rhinos, antelopes and many more animal species and birds. We will have a full day game drive in the park and later retire back to our camp in Mto wa Mbu for a well deserved Tanzanian BBQ dinner.
Day 4: Breakfast at Ecoboma Camp. End of service.
1-2 pax - USD. 700
3-4 pax - USD. 600
5-6 pax - USD. 550
7 + pax - USD. 535.
* Not included transport after breakfast on day 4. However we can arrange public transport back to Arusha at only USD. 5.
* Minimum of 2 pax required for trip to takeoff.