The earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society and the performance of INTOAFRICA ECO-TRAVEL LTD’s mission.
INTOAFRICA accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations – in its own practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the Kenyan social discourse.
INTOAFRICA aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, and communities at all levels.
INTOAFRICA is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of its operations but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
INTOAFRICA commits itself to minimising its impact on our environment through
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace;
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling;
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and users – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
It shall be the responsibility of the Directors to establish and maintain policies and procedures and to bring these procedures into effect.
It shall be the responsibility of the Sustainability Coordinator to ensure implementation of these policies and procedures.
- INTOAFRICA will develop guidelines for staff, volunteers and users to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
- IntoAfrica will act responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. It will promptly report any such incidents to the relevant authorities, and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- IntoAfrica will, use reasonable endeavors to , reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
- IntoAfrica will use all reasonable endeavors to that its services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- IntoAfrica will use all reasonable endeavors to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- IntoAfrica will use all reasonable endeavors to conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
- IntoAfrica will, use reasonable endeavors to, utilise its particular knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge and methods.
- IntoAfrica will use all reasonable endeavors to contribute to the maintenance and increase of biodiversity through its management of its landholdings.
- IntoAfrica will use all reasonable endeavors to meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements generally observed in its field, and will, in addition, adhere to the more stringent requirements of its own environmental policy.
- In order to continually improve its environmental management system IntoAfrica will use reasonable endeavors to conduct audits and self-assessments of its compliance with this policy..
- IntoAfrica will maintain an open and honest dialogue with staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public about the environmental, health and safety performance of its operations and services.
- IntoAfrica will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that every employee, volunteer and contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to management so that prompt action may be taken.
Director - Sustainability Coordinator